Barack Obama's hot mic 'flexibility' gift to Republicans

Published by Julia Volkovah under on 3:59 AM
Caught on an open mic during a photo op with outgoing Russian president Dmitry Medvedev in Seoul, President Barack Obama did something very, very stupid.

He got caught committing what is known in Washington as the 'Kinsley gaffe' - being accidentally caught telling the truth - which is, naturally, the most damaging type of all.

'On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space,' he told Medvedev, who responded: 'Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…'

Obama then cut him off to stress, 'This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility' before tapping the Russian reassuringly on his forearm. Medvedev indicated that the message had been received loud and clear: 'I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.'

Great. So once the election is over, Vladimir Putin, the incoming Russian president, will know that a re-elected Obama can abandon all his campaign promises about taking a tough line with the Russians blah blah because he will never again have to face voters. Read More
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...